If you wrap your celery in tin foil before placing it in the fridge it will last for weeks, and it will still stay fresh and crisp. This also works with broccoli and lettuce, keeping it fresh for up 6- 7 weeks
Did you know you can also use aluminum foil in place of a dryer sheet?
Cupcakes baked in ketchup cups, so cute for a party or a shower!
Do you hate scraping off ice ?? Then try Ice Proofing the Car Windows with 2/3 Vinegar 1/3 water! Just spray on windows and ice will melt away!
Other uses for vinegar ?
- Clean your drains with vinegar and baking soda
- Erase ballpoint-pen marks
- Erase crayon marks from clothes
- Boil better eggs by adding 2 table spoons vinegar to the water – keeps them from cracking
- Remove carpet stains
- Remove candle wax
- Pamper your skin by blotting it on with a cotton ball
- Get rid of water lines on furniture
- Freshen your kitchen
- Trap fruit flies by placing some vinegar in a small bowl
- Wash out your washing machine and dishwasher with 1/2 cup
- Wash away mildew from your shower curtain
- Put the sparkle back in your china
- Remove mineral deposits from shower heads
- Whiten your grout
- Clean a coffee maker
- Treat a bee sting by pouring some vinegar on it
- Sooth a soar throat by gargling 1 Tb of apple cider vinegar with 1 tsp of salt
- Soften your cuticles
- Clean your toothbrushes
- Keep cut fresh flowers fresh
- Revive your paintbrushes
- Kill weeds in the yard
- Clean and disinfect baby toys
- Spray vinegar along doorways to keep ants away
- 1/4 c in bath water for yeast rash
- Spray some on your pets to remove fleas
- You can make fluffier pancakes by adding 2 table spoons of vinegar; and
- Wipe away mildew
- Clean and polish chrome and stainless steel
Brownies made with diet soda, no eggs, water or oil. Only 105 calories and 0.5g fat in each serving!
Other Unusual Uses for Coke?
- emove grease stains from clothing and fabric
- Remove rust;
- Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
- Loosen a rusty bolt
- Kill slugs and snails; a small bowl of Coke will attract them, the acid will kill them.
- Clean burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
- Descale a kettle
- Shake up a can and pour it over your windshield and car bumper to remove bugs
- Baste a ham roast with Coke as it cooks. The sugars will caramelize; the ham will be moist.
- you can add coke to pot roast to tenderize and or caramelize the meat
- Make pretty pennies; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
- Make better compost; Coke increases the acidity, adds sugars and feeds microorganisms.
- Coke in a cup will attract wasps and bees
- Clean a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
- Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
Perfectly Clear Ice Cubes
Instead of buying expensive water filtration systems, use boiling water instead of tap water to make clear ice.
Winter bird feeder
Cover a toilet paper tube in peanut butter and roll in bird seed. Then just slide it on a branch.
dryer sheet cuts your bathroom cleaning time in half
It makes mirrors & bath fixtures sparkle and cuts right through soap scum on bathtub.Use to get sticky dust right off of furniture, blinds and baseboards. Cleans up cooktops and greasy cupboards quickly. Soak paintbrushes in warm water with a dryer sheet and watch the paint come right off. Clean dead, icky bugs from the car. Wipe pet hair off of clothes and furniture. Run over thread before sewing to keep tangles away.
Rubber band and paperclip binding.
ALSO: Use a rubber band to remove a stripped screw, or to secure bed slats so that they don’t slip out; Snap a couple of rubber bands around the sun visors of your car to have a handy spot to slip receipts, pens, map, glasses.
From empty bottle to soap container!
Most twist top glass bottles fit standard dispenser tops.
Cook Corn with Butter in Pot
When butter is added to water it floats to top, perfectly buttering each ear of corn as it is removed.
Storing onions for winter just became easy! You can store onions using pantyhose; Onions will last for 8 months!
ripen tomatoes, deodorize food containers- including the refrigerator, kill grass in a garden bed, cover floor when painting, wrap dishes or fragile items for protection when moving household; Place balls of old newspapers inside leather shoes, purses, and in suitcases. They help leather items keep their shape. They also help deodorize them. Use old newspapers to polish windows to a streak-free shine; Make mulch for garden