Besides saving money, there are many advantages to using hydrogen peroxide in a variety of ways around your home and garden.It won’t harm the environment, but is a very strong disinfectant. It is:
- Anti fungal
- Kills mold
- Kills mildew
Many Different Uses for hydrogen peroxide:
- Whitens White Laundry: Pour in a cup of hydrogen peroxide into a washer load of white laundry Don’t pour it directly on your clothes. It can fade out the color just like bleach does!
- Cleans your mop; it will kill bacteria, bad smells and it will last longer
- Sanitizes Any Surfaces including the kitchen and bathroom: Mix up a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and tap water and pour it into a spray bottle. Do not store this mixture/ use immediately
- Sanitizes Public Drinking Fountains: splash some peroxide on the spout and let it set for several seconds. Then turn the water on and let it run to the count of five before you drink from it.
- Kills Fingernail and Toenail Fungus: Soak your fingernails or toenails in a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide every day and it will kill harmful fungus.
- Helpa Houseplants Grow Healthier: Mix up an ounce of hydrogen peroxide into a cup of water and spray your houseplants with this solution. You can also water with it to kill root rot
- Removes Harmful Pesticides From Fruits and Veggies: Pour a fourth of a cup of hydrogen peroxide into a sink of cold tap water. Place your fruits and veggies in the solution and wash them off well. Then, rinse
- Clears Up Skin Acne : Use a clean cotton ball to generously dab straight hydrogen peroxide onto skin acne two or three time a day. The peroxide will dry the problem up in no time at all!
- Removes Waxy Build Up From Your Ears: Tilt your head and use an eye dropper to put three or four drops of hydrogen peroxide into the ear that has the waxy build up. Let it set for several minutes and flush your ear out carefully with warm water.
- Brightens teeth and nails
- kills Infections: Soak any infections or cuts in 3% for five to ten minutes several times a day.
- helps with Sinus Infections: A tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide added to 1 cup of non-chlorinated water can be used as a nasal spray
- Healing Douche: Add 2 cup-fulls of 3% hydrogen peroxide in warm distilled water once to twice a week to remove even chronic yeast infections
- Rejuvenating Detoxifying Bath: Use about 2 quarts 3% hydrogen peroxide to a tub of warm water. Soak at least 1/2 hour
- Helps in Wound Care: 3% H2O2 is used medically for cleaning wounds, removing dead tissue, and as an oral debriding agent. Peroxide stops slow (small vessel) wound bleeding/oozing,
Grades of hydrogen peroxide:
- 30% Reagent Grade: This is used for various scientific experimentation and also contains stabilizers. It is also not for internal use.
- 30% to 32% Electronic Grade: This is used to clean electronic parts and not for internal use.
- 35% Technical Grade: This is a more concentrated product than the Reagent Grade and differs slightly in that phosphorus is added to help neutralize any chlorine from the water used to dilute it.
- 35% Food Grade: This is used in the production of foods like cheese, eggs, and whey-containing products. It is also sprayed on the foil lining of aseptic packages containing fruit juices and milk products. THIS IS THE ONLY GRADE FOR INTERNAL USE
- 90% is used as an oxygen source for rocket fuel.